Method 1: Crack Windows 10 / 8 / 7 Password with PCUnlocker
What to do if you forgot Windows 10 password? Ophcrack is a free, open-source Windows password hacking tool that cracks Windows user passwords by using LM/NT hashes through rainbow tables. In order to use Ophcrack to crack Windows password, you just need a blank CD, and another computer to download the free software. Here’s how:
- Download the Live CD image from Ophcrack’s project page. After downloading the ISO image, burn it to a CD using your CD burning software.
- Insert the CD into the target computer that you want to crack a Windows password on, and then you need to boot off the CD.
- When you’re prompted to choose the graphics mode, choose the automatic option, and press Enter.
- Once booting to the Linux desktop, the system begins to mount your hard drive and automatically launch Ophcrack to crack the passwords. Just wait for Ophcrack to do a brute force attack and try every possible password combinations.
- Depending on the strength of your passwords, it can take a couple of minutes or hours to crack. Last but not least, take note that Ophcrack cannot crack all passwords as the rainbow tables may not contain NT/LM hashes for your password.
If you’re unable to crack a Windows password with Ophcrack, you can switch to use PCUnlocker to reset a lost Windows 10, 8 and 7 passwords. Password reset is always instant, no matter how long or complicate your password is.
Method 2: Reset Windows 10 / 8 / 7 Password with PCUnlocker
Another Windows password cracking software I’ll be using in this tutorial is called PCUnlocker. It’s a bootable ISO file, you can burn to a boot CD or USB flash drive and then use it to reset your forgotten password. This program comes with an intuitive interface that even novice users can interact with seamlessly.
To get started, download PCUnlocker using other computer, you can log on as administrator rights. Once finish downloading, unzip it and save the resulting ISO file to a folder on your local hard drive.
Next, you have to create a bootable CD/USB. Just download and install the freeware ISO2Disc. Launch ISO2Disc and burn the PCUnlocker ISO file to a blank CD or USB flash drive.
Next, use the CD/USB to boot off the Windows PC you want to crack forgotten password on. When booting to the PCUnlocker screen, choose the local administrator account and click on the Reset Password button to remove the password.
If your selected local account was linked to a Microsoft account by Windows, you’ll be prompted to convert your Microsoft account back to local account and set a new password. Click OK and the tool does every magical thing for you.
Reboot your computer and disconnect the CD/USB, you can then log back into Windows 10. As simple as that, you are good to go.