where keyloggers and Remote Administration Tools cannot access by any
Software keyloggers work by setting up a Windows hook that tells Windows that whenever the user presses a key or uses their mouse to tell the keylogger what keys were pressed, where your mouse moves, and where your mouse clicks.
Secure Desktop opens a new desktop
and then opens the program you chose inside of it, Windows prevents
programs from accessing desktops that they haven’t been opened inside
which means any keyloggers opened inside of your regular desktop cannot
access your keyboard or mouse operations inside of the secure desktop
and vice versa.
This technique is the same technique used in the UAC, ctrl+alt+del
screen, and even the login screen to prevent keyloggers from logging
your sensitive information and forcing you to click on things you don’t
want to (eg allowing administrative access to an application).
Download and read more at
- Runs under the .NET Framework 2.0
- Strict cleanup system terminates orphan processes often created by malicious programs after the primary process has closed
- Desktop agent that ensures cleanup and provides in-desktop hotkeys
- Suppresses accidental PrintScreen presses in the event privacy is a concern (Hold ctrl to circumvent).
- Ctrl + Alt + K – Emergency exit (In the event the primary process becomes indefinitely unresponsive).
- Ctrl + Alt + V – View processes currently open in the secure desktop.
- Ctrl + Shift + Esc – Open Task Manager in the secure desktop.