Content is king, you have heard this sentence so many times before, you spend much time on researching and writing a unique article for your blog and the other the theft try to steal your article.
Plagiarism is now the rising and a biggest threat for content writer, if you are running your own blog and if someone copying your articles than it will give you a pain.
In this article I will discuss how protect your blog content for being copying, there are various steps involve to stop these activities.
The first step is to detect your content on the Internet, Internet is not a small network so it seems that it is difficult to detect some content on the Internet, while there are some tools that have an ability to find your work effectively.
- Copyscape: It is one my favorite and one of the best web service to find plagiarism on the Internet, enter the URL of your content than copyscape will tell you about the theft content in percentage and by word. It is a good way to prove that content is your.
- Plagiarisma: Just like copyscape, plagiarisma is the same service that provides the same feature.
- Google Alerts: Google is a friend yes google is a best friend, if you dont want to check the plagiarism by yourself than google do this for you.
Do you have a license, yes license for your content. It is a best practice to show your license with your work so that copier think before copying your work because you have a legal rights.
You must have an idea about the copyright act for your country, while on cyber world you can get the Creative Commons (CC) License from Creative Commons Organization for your work. This organisation has categorized the license like to share or to protect your work.
- Click here to choose the license.
- Fill out the form by your appropriate need.
- Get the HTML code to put on your blog.
- Put the code on the best place so that every visitor will see this notification.
Take Action Against The Copier
I suggest that first you should contact the copier via contact us form or you can get the contact information by using whois, if you want to take some legal action against the copier than you can do this, below is the some tips to take action.
- blogger.com: There are different blogs that are hosted on blogger, so if the copier blog hosted on blogger you must report to blogger against the copier activities.
- Report to DMCA: Another good way to take action, if you want to remove your content from copier website, than report DMCA to this activity.
- Scribd: If someone copying your work on scribd than you can take action against him via Scribd copyright act.
- Report to Adsense: Click here to report.
- Below are some more way to take action.
Note: If you want to learn more about Linux and Windows based Penetration testing, you might want to subscribe our RSS feed and Email Subscription or become our Facebook fan! You will get all the latest updates at both the places.