There are so many tools available for web application testing, and every tools has its own importance either it is commercial tool or it is open source tool. The main agenda of the scanning is to find out the possible vulnerabilities and fix them before a hacker find it and exploit it.
Every pen-tester has their own list of toolkit, and i am sure burp suite is the most common one, burp suite is a most favourite tool for web application testing.
It is an integrated platform for performing security testing of web applications. Its various tools work seamlessly together to support the entire testing process, from initial mapping and analysis of an application’s attack surface, through to finding and exploiting security vulnerabilities.
- An intercepting proxy, which lets you inspect and modify traffic between your browser and the target application.
- An application-aware spider, for crawling content and functionality.
- An advanced web application scanner, for automating the detection of numerous types of vulnerability.
- An intruder tool, for performing powerful customised attacks to find and exploit unusual vulnerabilities.
- A repeater tool, for manipulating and resending individual requests.
- A sequencer tool, for testing the randomness of session tokens.
- The ability to save your work and resume working later.
- Extensibility, allowing you to easily write your own plugins, to perform complex and highly customised tasks within Burp.
After setting up proxy your burp suite is ready to work and its ready to accept interception, now you can do a lots of different things.