There are different computer tips and tricks available to impress anyone, If you are looking for some tips and tricks than read this article.
Lock A Folder In XP Without Any Software
- For doing create a folder in C drive, suppose folder name is xyz.
- Now open command prompt from start menu.
- Now in command prompt type “attrib +s +h C:xyz” without quotes and press enter.
- This command will make your folder invisible and it will never seen by anyone even in the hidden file and folder.
- If you want to make it visible again type “attrib -s -h C:xyz”
- By doing this you can lock any folder of your choice.
Hide Your Drive
This is a small but cool trick to hide your drive/partition of your choice, if you have a personal data in on a partition and you dont want any other to see this data than you can hide this partition in on XP,Vista,7 and 2000 too.
- Open registry editor by going on start than run and type regedit.
- Find this
- Click on explorer
- Click on “nodrives” key on the right column.
- You will see something like this “0000 00 00 00 00”
- After the four set of zero (“0000”) you have to write your partition name
- The first column is for drives A-H, the second for I-P, the third for Q-X, and the fourth for Y-Z.
- The value(s) of drive as follow:
- 1 – A I Q Y
2 – B J R Z
4 – C K S
8 – D L T
16 – E M U
32 – F N V
64 – G O W
80 – H P X
- So, let’s say you want to hide drive D. In the first column you would put “08”
Make An Invisible Folder
- Create a folder when you have to enter the name of the folder.
- Press ALT + 0160 if you do this exactly than your folder has no name.
- Right click on the folder > properties > Change Icon .go through the list of icons and then you’ll see an invisible icon choose it and then click OK.
- Now your folder will be invisible and it can see only when you select it.