If you are interested in network security, or if you are interested in data mining, or if you are interested in computer security than you must know about Intrusion Detection System (IDS).
Intrusion Detection System (IDS) have become very popular in many years because the variation in intruder, we are living on the age of technology the researcher and security expert facing many challenges daily, so there is a need to create such a thing that can monitor the entire network.
In the field of information security intruder means a hacker or a cracker or simply a abnormal activities, if an attacker get access into the network than the attacker try to steal the sensitive information that can caused great harm to the company, means everything is data.
There are firewall to protect these attacker so why we need the new term that is IDS.
- Connections that circumvent it
- New threat
- A malicious program hide in the attachment of the e-mail
- OS (Operating system) audit
- Monitor and analyze network traffic and user/system activity
- Auditing system for vulnerabilities
- A sensor monitor log files
- A sensor monitor TCP ingoing or outgoing connections
- Network Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS)
- Host Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS)