Ethical hacking or penetration testing is a wide and most important field in the world IT, there are lot of students learning computer security and forensic for their good future.
The security expert and penetration tester are using a large panel of security tools to audit the IT infrastructure, these tools are the weapons of pen-tester and now a normal user are weaponless. Different penetration tester using different tools and it depend on the requirement of the test. In this article i will show you different tools that will really help you out.
- ShowIP : Show the IP address of the current page in the status bar. It also allows querying custom services by IP (right mouse button) and Hostname (left mouse button), like whois, netcraft.
- Bibirmer Toolbar : An all-in-one extension. But auditors need to play with the toolbox. It includes ( WhoIs, DNS Report, Geolocation , Traceroute , Ping ). Very useful for information gathering phase
- Advanced dork : Gives quick access to Google’s Advanced Operators directly from the context menu. This could be used to scan for hidden files or narrow in a target anonymously.
- SpiderZilla : Spiderzilla is an easy-to-use website mirror utility, based on Httrack from www.httrack.com.
- httpOnly : Adds httpOnly cookie support to Firefox by encrypting cookies marked as httpOnly on the browser side
- Allcookies : Dumps ALL cookies (including session cookies) to Firefox standard cookies.txt file
- Dr.Web anti-virus link checker : This plugin allows you to check any file you are about to download, any page you are about to visit
- ClamWin Antivirus Glue for Firefox : This extension scans every downloaded file automatically with ClamWin.
- FoxyProxy : FoxyProxy is an advanced proxy management tool that completely replaces Firefox’s proxy configuration. It offers more features than SwitchProxy, ProxyButton, QuickProxy, xyzproxy, ProxyTex, etc
- SwitchProxy: SwitchProxy lets you manage and switch between multiple proxy configurations quickly and easily. You can also use it as an anonymizer to protect your computer from prying eyes.
- Header Spy: Shows HTTP headers on statusbar
- Header Monitor : This is Firefox extension for display on statusbar panel any HTTP response header of top level document returned by a web server. Example: Server (by default), Content-Encoding, Content-Type, X-Powered-By and others.