Well blue-tooth is a open wireless protocol to transmit data over short distance, it is basically designed for short distance communication.It operates on the frequency of 2.4GHZ.
If there are technology means there are some attacks on this technology in this article we will discuss about the BlueMaho an attacking tool that attacks on blue-tooth devices.
BlueMaho is a freeware open source tool that has been written in python, it is used for test the security of the blue-tooth devices, it can be used for finding known and unknown vulnerabilities on a blue-tooth device. It is widely used by penetration tester to evaluate the security. Plate form is Linux and the author is Martin Herfurt.
- It can scan devices around a range.
- Track devices means if someone change the device name it can track this device too.
- It can scan all time means loop scan
- It has an ability to send files
- It can save the result on database
- It can check remote devices for vulnerability
- Customize theme option
- You can define the command whenever it found new device
- Operating system(Linux), it has been tested on Debian 4.0 Etch / 2.6.18
- Hardware: any bluez compatible bluetooth-device
You can find all the configuration on ‘config’ directory, you can run blueMaho by typing ‘bluemaho.py’ on terminal.