Wireless Auditing, Intrusion Detection & Prevention System
WAIDPS is an open source wireless swissknife written in Python and work on Linux environment. This is a multipurpose tools designed for audit (penetration testing) networks, detect wireless intrusion (WEP/WPA/WPS attacks) and also intrusion prevention (stopping station from associating to access point). Apart from these, it will harvest all WiFi information in the surrounding and store in databases. This will be useful when it comes to auditing a network if the access point is ‘MAC filtered’ or ‘hidden SSID’ and there isn’t any existing client at that moment.
WAIDS may be useful to penetration testers, wireless trainers, law enforcement agencies and those who is interested to know more about wireless auditing and protection. The primarily purpose for this script is to detect intrusion. Once wireless detect is found, it display on screen and also log to file on the attack. Additional features are added to current script where previous WIDS does not have are :
· automatically save the attack packets into a file
· interactive mode where users are allow to perform many functions
· allow user to analyse captured packets
· load previously saved pcap file or any other pcap file to be examine
· customizing filters
· customize detection threshold (sensitivity of IDS in detection)
At present, WAIDS is able to detect the following wireless attacks and will subsequently add other detection found in the previous WIDS.
· Association / Authentication flooding
· Detect mass deauthentication which may indicate a possible WPA attack for handshake
· Detect possible WEP attack using the ARP request replay method
· Detect possible WEP attack using chopchop method
· Detect possible WPS pin bruteforce attack by Reaver, Bully, etc.
· Detection of Evil-Twin
· Detection of Rogue Access Point
The whole structure of the Wireless Auditing, Intrusion Detection & Prevention System will comprise of
Harvesting WiFi Information [Done]
Intrusion Detection [Partially Done]
Intrusion Prevention [Partially Done]
Auditing (Testing network) [Coming Soon]
Tutorial & Source
Wireless Auditing, Intrusion Detection & Prevention System Reviewed by Ethical Hacking on 1:19 PM Rating: