How To Create A Password That Won't Be Hacked
Every Internet user asked himself a question “What a password to use” at least once in his life. Social networks, e-mail, forums, and various website accounts require passwords from users. In order not to get caught up in dozens of passwords, we usually invent the most simple, easy ones, and write them everywhere, or almost everywhere. Simple combinations are the most common password variants for the majority of users. That is why even the most inexperienced hacker can easily get access to your mailbox, ICQ, or even you e-wallet. What you need to know the password could not steal your password? We answer this simple question.
So, what a really strong password should look like?
- The length of your password must be of 10 characters at least
- Your password should not be a word
- Your password should contain letters, numbers, uppercase letters, and various additional characters
- Your password should not be your cat's name, your date of birth, and it shouldn't overlap with information related to you or your family
If you store a really important information, which should not get into the hands of criminals in any way, then we recommend you to change passwords at least once a month. This is an additional security measure recommended by Microsoft, which is successfully adopted by all major structures, including banks.
We offer you several ways to generate a strong password.
This is a very simple and effective way to generate strong passwords. You do not have to install any software, register anywhere, and so on. Every time you visit a page, it generates random secure passwords visible only to you. Here you can create a password of 64 characters with a hexadecimal system, 63-character passwords with ASCII characters and consisted only of numbers and English letters. If necessary, you use only a par of generated sequence. Anyone interested in the theoretical part of creating strong passwords can find a lot of information on the page, including the operating principles of this service.
PC Tools Secure Password Generator
This is a comfortable and easy to use web service. You determine the length of a password, the parameters of certain characters inclusion and exclusion, and the number of passwords generated by the given parameters.
And finally, let us remind you what your password should NEVER look like:
- Never use simple letters and numbers combinations. In other words, forget about such passwords as 123, 0987, 1234567890, iiii, zzz, qwert etc. According to hackers, they can crack such a password in one minute.
- Never use personal information in passwords! Your name, surname, telephone number, date of birth, name of your wife, a pet nickname, etc. should not be specified here.
- Never use short passwords. No matter how complex a few characters of your password are, it will not be difficult to hack it if it is short.
- Never use monosyllabic words. Everything you can find in any English dictionary should not be your password. For example: love, mercedes, friendship, samsung, super_girls, dog, cat etc. won't obviously fit. No words, bearing some meaning at least.
- Do not use the same password everywhere. It is better to use two or three different ones.
- Do not keep your password in a folder of your computer. The best option would be if you remember it or write it down on a piece of paper.
- Do not use curse words in the password - they are easy to find for a hacker.
Never let your computer be hacked just because of your weak passwords!
About the Author
Posted on by Alex Strike, a copywriter at http://writing-help.com, interested in innovative technologies and concept gadgets.
How To Create A Password That Won't Be Hacked Reviewed by Ethical Hacking on 11:51 AM Rating: