Trixbox Tutorial for Asterisk- Virtualbox
Asterisk is a open source telephonic project that has been developed by the open source community and it can turn a computer into a communication server. Asterisk can be used as a VoIP gateway, it can do all the stuffs that an PBX do. Call detail recording for accounting and billing, Routing and call handling for incoming calls, Media management functions (record, play, generate tone, etc.). In short asterisk provide a complete telephonic platform for cheap calls.
So in this article we will configure trixbox for asterisk, but now the question what is Trixbox? Asterisk need some software's and hardware to implement the open source communication server or VoIP server.
What Is Trixbox ?
Trixbox is a IP based solution for small and medium business, there is a two version of trixbox available one is open source (free) while the other is for commercial purposes (need to purchase). Trixbox is based on asterisk project.
How to configure trixbox for asterisk project ? This is the main objective of this article and in this article we will cover how to install trixbox on virtual machine (Vmware, Virtual box).
Trixbox Tutorial- Asterisk
- On a vary first step you need to download trixbox download the latest version in ISO.
- Start your virtual machine, in my case virtual box (virtual box tutorial).
- Create a new virtual machine
- Name of the virtual box is trixbox and select your OS
- 512MB of memory is enough for trixbox
- Make sure to check on dynamic expanding storage
- Now select the HDD memory 8-10 GB is enough
- Now finish this setup
From this point we need to configure our VM for Trixbox, follow the tutorial below.
- Click on the setting button from main windowFrom the left side select Storage and on the right under IDE Controller choose Empty and click the folder icon.
- Now from virtual media manager click on add and browse trixbox ISO image on it than click on select.
- You have just created the boot-able CD-ROM for your trxibox and you have to set network for trixbox, on the setting panel click on the network than enable network adapter-->attached to-->bridge adapter
- Its time to start and install trixbox from the main panel click on start, you will get the trixbox boot screen.
- The later steps is very easy just select your keyboard layout, your time zone, create a password for root account.
- Its almost done just reboot your VM and than unmount the boot-able CD-ROM.
- After reboot you will the welcome screen hit enter than after some time you will get the screen to enter password for root user.
- You are done enjoy your trixbox, more tutorial realated to asterisk and trixbox will publish soon.
Trixbox Tutorial for Asterisk- Virtualbox Reviewed by Ethical Hacking on 11:22 AM Rating: