Computer Forensic Framework-PTK
Computer forensic is a branch of digital forensic science and an act to investigate, analyze, identify and collect evidence or information which is encoded or store.
Computer forensic science is a growing field and different colleges offers variety of degree in this field, however there are different tools and tricks available to do the job done. In backtrack 5 there is a separate section for forensic tools.
Beside tools and tricks there are numerous training available on Internet.
PTK forensics is a computer forensic framework for the command line tools in the SleuthKit plus much more software modules. This makes it usable and easy to investigate a system.
PTK forensics is more than just a new graphic and highly professional interface based on Ajax and other advanced technologies; it offers numerous features such as analysis, search and management of complex digital investigation cases.
- Efficient File Analysis
- Easier to use, PTK is based on Ajax
- PTK is a dynamic web application with centralised -Database. More investigatots can work on the same case at te same time
- PTK is a forensic analysis framework; in fact, PTK does not address incident response issues
- Its main aim is to help small groups of investigators execute complex consultancy quickly and efficiently
- A log of all operations performed by the investigators is kept
- Case features shared by: Multiple investigators and case lock
It is available on both free and pro version. It has been tested on various Linux distribution includes:
If you are using backtrack 5, than there is no need to download PTK because it is available on backtrack5.
- MySQL server 5 or higher
- Apache web server 2 or higher
- PHP 5
- Web browser (Mozilla, Safari)
TutorialAfter downloading, move to your apache www directory and extract the package. Open browser and use the URL to start installer page.
Computer Forensic Framework-PTK Reviewed by Ethical Hacking on 2:11 AM Rating: