How To Install Nessus On Linux
Automatic vulnerability scanning tools has a great importance in the field of penetration testing/ethical hacking, professional use different tools for different environment. Now in this post we will discuss about network vulnerability scanning tool and that is nessus, you can find a lot of different article about nessus on the Internet but we will discuss from scratch about nessus.
Nessus has been developed by Tenable network security, it is available for free of cost for non-enterprise environment means for home user. It is a network vulnerability scanner and use for finding the critical bugs on a system, it can detect a vulnerabilities like:
- Misconfiguration or unpatched services.
- Default passwords and common passwords, in general weak passwords.
- Available vulnerabilities on the system.
It is available for different operating system, now how to install nessus on ubuntu and other linux follow the steps below.
- First of all download your copy from nessus
- After that when successfully downloaded put the file in home folder.
- Now open terminal and type exactly.
sudo dpkg --install Nessus-4.4.1-debian5_i386.deb
- Nessus-4.4.1-debian5_i386.deb may be change depend on your downloaded file
- After installation its time to add the user on the same terminal type
- Than enter your login name and password for root user.
- Now click here to go on nessus website and register your product for home feed means free of cost.
- After registration open your email and copy the activation code and type in terminal.
How To Install Nessus On Linux Reviewed by Ethical Hacking on 9:51 AM Rating: