Blackbuntu CE v0.2 Released
As we have discussed about different penetration testing distribution before here. Now a new distribution is among us and this is BlackBuntu new edition.
The Blackbuntu Community Edition is a Linux Live-CD based on Ubuntu 10.10 which was specially designed for security training students and practitioners of information security.
It supports the following list penetration testing methodologies:
- Information Gathering
- Network Mapping
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Privilege Escalation
- Maintaining Access
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Digital Forensics
- Web Application Analysis
- Reverse Engineering
- Wireless Analysis
- Security Distributions
- Malicious Code Analysis
- AntiSpyware & AntiVirus Tools
- Password Recovery & Managers
Now the new CE v0.2 is available and the features and bug fixed:
- Remove acroread
- Added Start/Stop Service Menu like <<Back|Track (Apache,MySQL,SSH,TFTPD,Xplico)
- Added Videosnarf
- Added Xplico
- Added fragrouter.
- Added Nemesis.
- Added Bizploit
- Added weevely
- Added Matahari
- Added Plecost
- Added Pynject
- Added SAP script from phenoelit.de
- Added numlockx (Credit to anidear).
- Recompile Kismet-new core to support Linux Netlink(LibNL/nl80211).
- Kernel modules patched it all up for packet injection/fragmentation/channel hopping, etc for wireless(Credit to Alex Ploiter)
- Upgrade dradis 2.4.1 to 2.6
- Update and integration of all the tools previosly available in Release 0.1
- Fixed 0trace - usleep not found on the system(credit Bruno Criado)
- Fixed Pentbox menu error and directory permission.
- Fixed menu wireshark doesn't run as root.
- Enable "ctrl+alt+backspace" Key Sequence to kill the X server (Credit to anidear).
- Removed unnecessary service on statup
Blackbuntu CE v0.2 Released Reviewed by Ethical Hacking on 12:21 PM Rating: