Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ v5.8.5 fixed bugs (from v5.8.4):
- Fix Shell Extension (32 bits) icon absent issue.
- Fix the crash problem if config.xml is not present.
- Fix tab settings not saved under Windows 7 problem.
- Fix localization switching under Windows 7 problem.
- Fix x64 system files problems : not included in recent file history list while closing a file.
- Fix x64 system files problems : not remembered in the next session problem.
- Fix the search direction not being memorized problem.
- Modify File Association dialog UI.
- Fix the initial document encoding is not set by "New Document Settings".
Notepad++ 5.8.5 Reviewed by Ethical Hacking on 11:49 AM Rating: